Son of God
29th November 2008, mgh,hej
This Article: (12 Pages)
- 1. The Son of God
- 2. The Son of Man
- 3. The Special Birth of the Son of God
- 4. Paul's ideas regarding God and the... Son of God
- 5. What is meant by Jesus being Sent?
- 6. God's Character Shown to the World
- 7. There is no power but that of Yahweh
- 8. Jesus as the Man
- 9. In the Beginning was the Word... (John 1)
- 10. The Title 'God'
- 11. Could Christ have Pre-existed?
- 12. Our future as Sons of God
7) There is no power but that of Yahweh
There are many instances where it is shown that Jesus is not the equal of his Father. He said,
“Not my will but thine be done.” (Matthew 26: 39)
“My doctrine is not mine but his that sent me.” (John 7: 16)
“I can of mine own self do nothing.” (John 5: 30)
“My Father is greater than I.” (John 14: 28)
The power that Jesus had to do miracles came from his Father. He could be insulted, but, not the power (Matt. 12:32).